We offer two types of FREE language tutoring for students enrolled in our courses.
- Instructor-Led Tutoring: Work with 100-level language instructors in the languages listed below.
- Peer Tutoring: Work with UIC undergrad peer tutors in French, German, Italian, and Spanish. For 100-level students only.
Please do drop in!
Many language programs have their own, instructor-led tutoring programs. For details, please use the links below or ask your instructor!
All instructor-led tutoring is online unless otherwise stated on the language tutoring schedule below. See each schedule for details of how to log on.
Peer tutoring is available for 100-level students in French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Find out more about the LCLC language peer tutoring program and see the schedule for peer tutors.
Peer tutors are UIC students who know what UIC language classes are like and have been trained to help other students enjoy and do well in their language classes. Peer tutors aim to:
- Share learning strategies that have worked for them
- Help you develop problem-solving skills that help in language classes and all classes
- Provide another way for you to connect with your instructor
- Show you that learning languages at UIC can be really fun!
Language peer tutors can help with:
- questions about grammar, reading, writing, speaking, homework (online and on paper)
- tips on study strategies for our UIC language classes
Learn more about UIC’s language peer tutoring program and see the schedule for peer tutors.