The Language and Writing Studio on the 16th floor of UH can assist foreign language students with the following:
For 100-level language courses, you can meet with a
For major/minor writing courses, level 200 and up, you can meet with a
language-specific writing coach
Language and writing coaches offer 30-minute, one-on-one sessions. See schedules below for days, times, and available coaches. A "W" next to the person's name indicates a designated writing coach.
Schedule of available coaches by language:
: Sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis
. You cannot register or sign up. The schedules above are only to let you know when coaches are available.
What our language and writing coaches CAN do:
What our language and writing coaches CANNOT do:
- Help you organize a writing assignment
- Give you feedback on the clarity of your thesis
- Offer tips on genre-specific language use and word choices
What YOU should do to get the most out of your session:
- Correct or proofread your paper
- Prepare specific questions.
- Bring your book, workbook, or paper.
- Bring a copy of the assignment.
- In short, Come prepared.