Instructor-Led Tutoring - 1650 UH
The Language and Writing Studio on the 16th floor of UH can assist foreign language students with the following:
For 100-level language courses, you can meet with a language tutor
For major/minor writing courses, level 200 and up, you can meet with a language-specific writing coach
Language tutors and writing coaches offer 30-minute, one-on-one sessions. See schedules below for days, times, and available coaches. A "W" next to the person's name indicates a designated writing coach.
Schedule of available tutoring by language:
What our language tutors and writing coaches CAN do:
What our language tutors and writing coaches CANNOT do:
- Help you organize a writing assignment
- Give you feedback on the clarity of your thesis
- Offer tips on genre-specific language use and word choices
What YOU should do to get the most out of your session:
- Correct or proofread your paper
- Prepare specific questions.
- Bring your book, workbook, or paper.
- Bring a copy of the assignment.
- In short, Come prepared.
Peer Tutoring - 305 GH
The Language and Culture Learning Center offers language peer tutoring on the 3rd floor of Grant Hall. Schedule and more information is available on their website.
SPRING 2019: Peer tutoring is available for 100-level students in French, German, and Italian.
Find out more about the LCLC language peer tutoring program and see the schedule for peer tutors.
Peer tutors are UIC students who know what UIC language classes are like and have been trained to help other students enjoy and do well in their language classes. Peer tutors aim to:
Share learning strategies that have worked for them
- Help you develop problem-solving skills that help in language classes and all classes
- Provide another way for you to connect with your instructor
- Show you that learning languages at UIC can be really fun!
Language peer tutors can help with:
- questions about grammar, reading, writing, speaking, homework (online and on paper)
- tips on study strategies for our UIC language classes
Learn more about UIC's language peer tutoring program and see the schedule for peer tutors.