University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) began offering Korean language classes in 2015-16. On top of the two-year basic language course, we offer one advanced Korean language class and one Korean culture class.
All language courses are designed to develop or improve four language skills - i.e., speaking, listening, reading and writing - in students’ performance and competence. In addition, the courses offered in the Korean Language program integrate cultural components into course materials by using authentic texts and audio-visual materials including newspaper articles, dramas, films, documentaries, etc.
- KOR 101 Elementary Korean I Offer in Fall semesters only No prerequisite
- KOR 102 Elementary Korean II Offer in Spring semesters only Prerequisite: KOR 101 or appropriate score on the placement test
- KOR 103 Intermediate Korean I Offer in Fall semesters only Prerequisite: KOR 102 or appropriate score on the placement test
- KOR 104 Intermediate Korean II Offer in Spring semesters only Prerequisite: KOR 103 or appropriate score on the placement test
- KOR 201 Advanced Korean I Offer in Fall semesters only Prerequisite: KOR 104 or appropriate score on the placement test
“KOR 130 Korean History, Culture and Society through Contemporary Korean Films” is offered only in Spring semesters as a general education course. This class is conducted in English and does not require any Korean language skill.
If you have additional questions or suggestions about our program, feel free to contact Coordinator Hanae Kim (email@example.com).
All students, with the exception of students who have absolutely no previous instruction or contact with Korean, must take the Placement Test.
The Placement Test is administered by the Office of Testing Services. Please contact the Office of Testing Services to schedule a placement test. No dictionary or other references are allowed during the test.
Do you want to practice Korean outside of your class? Check out these!
More information: contact Hanae Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Checkout our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UICKorean/