In an effort to foster intellectual endeavors and collaboration among departments, faculty, and students, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences makes available funds for event programming, new initiatives, and graduate student travel.
The Executive Committee (EC) of the School offers seven categories of funding, the applications for which are listed below. In considering requests, the EC gives preference to applicants who have secured sponsorship from more than one unit. It also gives preference to events and initiatives that promise to be of interest to a wide array of students and faculty in the School.
Note: Applications must be submitted by Faculty or Graduate Students of the School of Literatures, Cultural Studies and Linguistics.
Retroactive applications will not be considered except in the case of Awards for Graduate Student Travel. These applications are also accepted on a rolling basis.
Deadlines: September 15, December 1, Feb. 15 and April 15:
- Awards for Major Conferences: up to $5,000 (PDF fill-in form) Currently suspended for AY 18/19
- Awards for Small Colloquia, Workshops, Round-tables, etc.: up to $2500 (PDF fill-in form) Currently suspended for AY 18/19
- Awards for Individual Speakers: up to $500 (PDF fill-in form) Currently suspended for AY 18/19
- Awards for Graduate Travel (PhD Students Only): up to $300 (PDF fill-in form) These awards may be submitted retroactively and will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Book Subvention Application: up to $500 (PDF fill-in form)
- Awards for Curricular Development: up to $1,000 (PDF fill-in form) Currently suspended for AY 18/19
- Awards for Other Initiatives: up to $1,000 (PDF fill-in form) Currently suspended for AY 18/19
If you are submitting an application that involves event planning, you may contact Alma Sias (email@example.com) for guidance creating event and travel budgets.