February 1 is the deadline for proposals for the Chicago Language Symposium, co-sponsored by the LCLC, DePaul, U of C, and Northwestern.
Proposals from all languages and TESOL are welcome. See below for details.
Submission deadline Sunday, February 1, 2015. Please send your proposal to Li Jin, firstname.lastname@example.org
The CHICAGO LANGUAGE SYMPOSIUM 2015
Contexts and Language Learning:
Situated Learning in the 21st Century
April 17-18, 2015
Friday evening keynote speaker:
Dr. Elaine Tarone
Proposals are sought for sessions on Saturday. The focus of this symposium is on how various authentic contexts can be integrated and utilized to facilitate college-level language learning and teaching in the 21st century. Topics may include:
· telecollaborative projects with native speakers
· online gaming and simulated contexts
· language learning in short- and long-term study abroad contexts
· language use and identity
· service-based language learning
· translation projects
· involvement in local target language-speaking communities
· language use in internships and other experiences
Proposal submission deadline: February 1, 2015. All languages are welcome.